After six months of planning, the staff of the Lilly Library is happy to announce its new online request and workflow system. If you are planning to visit the Lilly Library Reading Room or order reproductions of Lilly Library materials, you may now register online and make requests through IUCAT and Archives Online.
The Lilly Library Request System debuts today, Thursday, January 28. The system is new to most of us at the Lilly Library, but it is in use at nearly 60 other special collections libraries and archives throughout the United States.
Visit this link or look for the big red button on the Lilly Library home page to sign up: https://iub.aeon.atlas-sys.com/
Once you create an account, you may:
- search IUCAT and look for the “Lilly Library: Request This” button on Lilly Library records
- find manuscript materials in IU’s Archives Online and look for the “Request” link in the side menu
- make reservations to use materials in the Reading Room
- place orders for digital images or photocopies
- have access to all of your current, past, and saved requests
- and if you are teaching a class at the Lilly Library, you can collaborate with a librarian to create an online list of materials to use in class!
Farewell to filling out cards by hand! Hello to requesting with a click!