The next meeting of the Metadata Discussion Group will be on October 11th. The topic is listed below with a short list of resources participants may choose to consult prior to the meeting.
DATE: Tuesday, October 11
PLACE: Wells Library 043
TOPIC TO INVESTIGATE: What is the current metadata landscape?
- An infographic of the metadata standards universe by Jenn Riley, Head, Carolina Digital Library and Archives at UNC, Chapel Hill
- A conference keynote on moving data from libraries, archives, and museums to the web by Karen Coyle
- A 3 minute video on how to contribute linked open data by the Free Your Metadata initiative
- Quick recap of findings: what is the current metadata landscape? (15 mins)
- Discuss where libraries, archives, and museums fit into the metadata landscape (45 mins)
Leave a Reply