● Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Sharon Wiles-Young)
○ S&A team discussed the prioritizing process and worked diligently to identify the “must have” jiras for 2.x and began to discuss the priorities for 3.0 & 3.x version. Finished the 2.x process for the Early Adopter Team to review
○ Kristin Martin provided an overview of the ERM functionality that the E-Acq team reviewed and endorsed. She discussed the 2.0 development that needs to be completed for a basic ERM workflow and then what development will need to follow in 3.0 such as licensing functionality.
○ The S&A team discussed the multi-fund PO, the multi-copy workflow and recurring order functionality. The team followed up on the recurring order functionality and requested that OLE set the default dates for type of recurring payment and this Jira is being tested now.
○ 1.6.2 S&A testing is finished and 2.0 S&A testing is continuing and near completion.
● System Integration/Infrastructure (Lead SME: Matt Sargent)
○ Matt Sargent (Indiana University) is the new Chair of the Systems Integration SME group. With the amount of work the OLE project team is currently facing it was decided that the actual running of the group should be shifted to someone else. However, Peri’s expertise makes him a critical member of the group so he will continue to attend the meetings to offer his valuable insight.
● GOKb (Lead: Kristen Wilson)
○ Development on GOKb release 5.0 was completed. The release is scheduled to be applied to the GOKb live and test environments Nov. 3.
○ New data management and data provider partners include the University of Iowa, Harvard University Press, and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro
○ Partners from NC State University loaded packages from several priority publishers including: American Chemical Society, World Scientific Publishing, the Directory of Open Access Journals, and Annual Reviews, sourcing the files from the CUFTS open knowledge base.
● Implementation Team (Lead: Heather Beery)
○ Chicago currently has 1.6.2 in production. In November, both Lehigh and SOAS plan to have 1.6.2 in production as well.
● Cross Module Team (Lead: Heather Beery)
○ SME groups have been prioritizing 2.x work focusing on the “must-have” needs of the early adopter institutions (Chicago, Lehigh, SOAS, Duke, and Penn). When this work is finalized the SMEs will review 3.0 Jiras.
1.6.2 efforts included cleanup of some issues with Drools circulation rules and some new work on Bib Import and Order Import Batch Processes. These changes can be reviewed in OLE’s TST environment here http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.do . We anticipate that this will be the last update to our 1.6.2 branch.
Some of the jiras in these 1.6.2 releases:
● Checked in items that are moving to In Transit for re-shelving or In Transit for Holds were not displaying the Route Location on the Return screen. This had been displayed properly with the KRMS circulation rules, but not with Drools. This was fixed .
-Select & Acquire
● Investigations begun on issues with order imports using Batch Profiles in combination with Edifact files. There may be a problem with properly recording what may first appear as a duplicate in the Edifact file. The proposed solution is to invoice items that are not linked to a PO to allow the user to work out the resolution
2.0 efforts are continuing to focus on the Electronic Resource Management functionality and the integration of ERM records with Accounts Payable records as well as work on the relationship of parent and child electronic resources. These changes can be reviewed in OLE’s QA environment – http://qa.ole.kuali.org/portal.do .
Some of the jiras in these 2.0 releases:
-Select & Acquire
● Vendor and Publisher names in look ups were being sorted with uppercase names coming before lower case names. This functionality has been changed to display these names without regard to capitalization.
● Vendor and Publisher searches are essentially looking at the same master data (Vendors) but on the E-Resource record, there were two different search methods being employed. This has been changed to provide one consistent method for searching for Vendors and Publishers.
● When a parent-child relationship between two different E-Resource records has been established, the requirement was to display all electronic holding records from child resources should also appear on the parent resource record. That is now working as requested.
Current release: 1.6.1 (June 2015)
● Documentation: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Published+Documentation
Next scheduled major release: 2.0 Public Release (Q3 2015)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/roadmap
● Technical details of 1.6 and 2.0 release to-date: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Current+Release+Status+Report
-Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/media
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account