- Functional Council (Chair: Beth Picknally Camden)
- The FC completed its work and held its final meeting on March 21st.
- Deliver (Lead SME: Emily Batista)
- The Team wrapped up its work on release 2.1 and evaluated 3.0 issues for retention or placement in phase 2. With the decision to focus remaining phase 1 time on must-have issues for the current implementations, the team disbanded at the end of March, with the lead remaining available to assist with continued testing on fixes and new features as needed.
- Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Sharon Wiles-Young)
- The team looked over some remaining questions about Jiras that are in currently in QA testing.
- Bob and others tested some of the Batch import/PO functionality for 2.1.
- The review of Jiras in 2.1, 3.0 will now be turned over to the Implementers group for review and determine what Jiras are needed by the early implementers.
- March 21st was S&A last official meeting as we now transition to the next phase of development for OLE: Bob Persing was thanked for all his work and dedication and his continued work on S&A. Sharon thanked Carlen for her leadership and the whole team for their weekly dedication and hard work on writing, reviewing and testing specs. Kristin and Sharon will continue as facilitators for the Community Forum.
- Sharon encouraged the whole S&A team and others to attend and contribute to the Community Forum once those meetings are underway.
- Sharon will send out updates on progress of the facilitators work on the Community Forum and any other information that the S&A team should know during this transition.
- GOKb (Lead: Kristen Wilson)
- Works continues to wrap up the Mellon-funded portion of the project.
- OLE has agreed to provide support for the GOKb editor position and ongoing maintenance once the grant is over.
- Implementation Team (Lead: Heather Beery)
- This new team has been formed consisting of representatives from U. of Chicago, Lehigh University, and SOAS, University of London. The team is meeting three times a week with the OLE project team to review progress on 2.1 and 3.0, discuss any current implementation issues, and report on testing progress.
2.1 efforts focus on a new batch process for bib, order, and invoice importing. Release 2.1 has also been developed to fix multiple issues and will continue to be tested and modified. These changes can be reviewed in the QA environment: http://qa.ole.kuali.org/portal.do.
Some of the jiras in these 2.1 releases include:
- User interface modifications have been implemented to standardize screens and make them easier to use.
- Item location details in patron bills are no longer captured dynamically; instead they are captured at the time the fee was incurred.
- Parameters and rules have been added to allow libraries to set default due dates and due times.
- Available and On Hold statuses for SRU services are no longer hardcoded but can be updated via parameters.
3.0 efforts continued this month. These changes can be reviewed in the TST environment: http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.do
Some of the jiras in these 3.0 releases include:
Select and Acquire
- Several bugs on the Purchase Order Bulk Amendments process have been corrected.
- PO additional charges can now be encumbered and relieved.
- Staff only flags are now inherited or disinherited up and down the record hierarchy.
- Locations can be defined as inactive. Inactive locations will not show up on the dropdowns of records.
- An additional text field has been added to the item record for non-traditional enumeration.
- The option to return an item at a circulation desk while receiving an alert but not transferring the item has been implemented.
- Staff may alter due dates for multiple titles from the Loan screen.
- Recall, on hold, and in-transit dates have been added to the patron lookup.
- Users may now re-index specific groups of records within OLE.
Current release: 2.0 (February 2016)
- Demo: http://demo.ole.kuali.org/portal.jsp
- Documentation: https://openlibraryenvironment.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OLE/OLE+Published+Documentation
Next scheduled major release: 3.0 Public Release (Q2 2016)
- Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/roadmap
- Technical details of 2.1 and 3.0 release to-date: https://openlibraryenvironment.atlassian.net/wiki//display/OLE/OLE+Current+Release+Status+Report
Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/media
- Note: some sections will require a KIS account