● Technical Council (Chair: Adam Constabaris)
○ We’ve been laying the groundwork for the August F2F, including sketching out development and technical support models for OLE.
● Describe (Lead SME: Mechael Charbonneau)
○ In preparation for the Functional Council’s August F2F meeting in Chicago, SMEs completed their review of all Describe Jira enhancement tickets with Fix Version “OLE ?” and “OLE Hold”. Approximately 60 “OLE Roadmap” Jira tickets were also reviewed and prioritized to identify enhancements to be considered for inclusion in OLE Release 4.0.
● Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Sharon WilesYoung)
○ The team reviewed 170 Select and Acquire OLE roadmap Jiras to move to a 4.0 assessment. Under Kristin Martin’s guidance the EAcq team also reviewed the OLE E-Acq roadmap Jiras.
○ Lehigh University had a successful FY rollover with one issue: timing of a payment of an invoice and overnight jobs running. This has been resolved.
○ The team went over some invoice functionality with the development team.
○ The team invited Heather Beery to our meeting and Heather provided an update on OLE development, the deadline for the 4.0 Jiras that the team identifies, and how the F2F meeting will also provide input for the vision of the 4.0 roadmap.
○ The team thanked Marty Berryman for all her work on S&A and wished her a great retirement. Michelle Crump will be leaving the project and we thanked her for her work as a testing coordinator. Lynda Clendenning will be the new S&A testing coordinator.
● GOKb (Lead: Kristen Wilson)
○ GOKb steering committee met in London on July 23-24 to determine priorities and roadmap for the remaining Mellon period. We will ask Mellon for a no-cost extension through February to provide extra time to complete development.
○ We will begin working with OLE to plan for the future of the GOKb project once Mellon funding ends.
○ The development team is testing release 5.0
○ GOKb editor Jennifer Solomon is pursuing new partner opportunities with EBSCO, California Digital Library, Philadelphia University, and others.
● Implementation Team (Lead: Heather Beery)
○ Chicago, Lehigh, and SOAS have all completed their fiscal year rollovers. As each institution completed the process there were of course lessons learned. These elicited refinements to the system as well as peer support to other institutions thereby making each rollover go more smoothly.
○ Currently Chicago, Lehigh, and SOAS are all running 1.6.1 with plans for moving to 1.6.2 in the fall.
○ The group is working to capture tips and tricks for installation as they learn about stability issues and how to resolve them.
● Consortia Team (Lead: Matt Sargent)
○ We continue to refine and ask for any input on the consortia vision document .
● Cross Module Team (Lead: Heather Beery)
○ The team is currently reviewing roadmap priorities for 4.0 and finalizing specifications for 3.0. SME teams are also thinking about their vision for the future of OLE in preparation for the upcoming FC/TC F2F in Chicago.
1.6.2 efforts continued during the month. This release focuses on critical and blocking bugs found by implementers as well as a transition from KRMS circulation rules to Drools. These changes can be reviewed in the TST environment: http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.do.
-Select and Acquire
● Issues continued to be corrected as found for the FYRO process and POBA (purchase order batch amendment) documents.
● Created a query to remove null POs from the system and corrected OLE so that they do not get created.
● Continued to correct issues with notices and requests.
● SOAP createPatron was confusing patron data. This has been corrected.
● The patron loading poller was reporting successful imports as errors. This has beencorrected.
2.0 efforts continued this month. These changes can be reviewed in the QA environment: http://qa.ole.kuali.org/portal.do.
-Select and Acquire
● Updated Invoice batch processing to give an error if there are multiple matches on the vendor line item.
● Continued to work on E-Resources– workflows.
● Corrected several errors on the Invoice document and the Serial Receiving Record’s workflow for deleted records.
-Describe and Manage
● Batch process jobs were appearing in people’s action lists. This has been stopped.
● Removed the permission DESC_WORKBENCH_SEARCH, now any OLE user can search records.
● Added new circulation rules to renew lost items.
● Modified the display of the Deliver Item Search’s Item Record to be consistent with the Search Workbench’s Item Record and changed the search results place request button to appear only when an item is available for holds.
● Added alerts for staff for when a patron has an item on hold at their pickup location.
● Removed the placeholder “x” in the Fast Add screen’s Call Number field.
● Corrected validation errors in the REST API’s GET command.
Kuali OLE in the news:
Marshall Breeding: “ A Look at Tech: Patron-Engaging Products in the Exhibit Hall ” American Libraries July 23, 2015
Current release: 1.6.1 (June 2015)
● Documentation: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Published+Documentation
Next scheduled major release: 2.0 Public Release (Q3 2015)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/roadmap
● Technical details of 1.6 and 2.0 release to-date: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Current+Release+Status+Report
-Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/media
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account