● Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Sharon WilesYoung)
○ Kristen Wilson provided the S&A team and E-Acq team with an overview and update on GOKb. After Kristen’s excellent overview, the team discussed the possibility of reexamining ERM and GOKb workflow. How should OLE proceed with the development of GOKb functionality and how best to test GOKb with the ERM functionality? The team will continue to discuss approaches once 2.0 functionality is completed and in production.
○ Kristin Martin provided the S&A team with a 2.0 demo of e-resource record functionality. She showed how the ERM workflow is configured, how to set alerts, and she showed the functionality of platform and vendor/organization records. It was very helpful to see this functionality in action.
○ The E-Acq team continues to test 2.0 functionality and this testing is identifying some critical bugs that need to be fixed and retested.
○ The S&A team and E-Acq team have completed some of the 2.0 documentation and continue to write ERM documentation as 2.0 code is completed and tested.
● GOKb (Lead: Kristen Wilson)
○ GOKb has two new partners Harvard University Press and The University of Iowa
○ NCSU loaded more than 50 new packages into GOKb during September, drawing on the Open Source CUFTS knowledge base.
○ GOKb will be presenting at shotgun session at Charleston: “Ebooks, Community Management, and the Future(s) of the Global Open Knowledgebase” on Friday, November 6 at 3:30 P.M.
○ GOKb will also be represented with OLE at the Charleston vendor showcase.
● Implementation Team (Lead: Heather Beery)
○ Chicago now has 1.6.2 in production. See updates on 1.6.2 functionality in the Coding Update below. SOAS is planning on implementing 1.6.2 in November and Duke plans to implement the 1.6.2 Deliver module in December.
● Cross Module Team (Lead: Heather Beery)
○ The Cross Module team has been meeting very infrequently as the Early Adopters Group is working on reprioritizing work for 3.0 and below. This group consists of the institutions currently planning on implementing 3.0 (Chicago, Lehigh, SOAS, Duke, and Penn).
1.6.2 efforts concluded with 1.6.2r24396 and 1.6.2r24565. These releases focused on the final transition from KRMS circulation rules to Drools and the implementation of most of the User Interface customizations requested by University of Chicago. These changes can be reviewed in the TST environment: http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.do .
Some of the fixed bugs include:
● Data errors while loading patron data were not being reported with enough information to determine the cause of the error. OLE will now report the line number of the invalid data in the report file.
- Continued performance improvements on notifications and Deliver API with Drools
2.0 efforts continued this month with a renewed focus on Electronic Resource Management functionality in 2.0r24307. There was also a merger of the 1.6.2 code changes with the 2.0 code in 2.0r24571. These changes can be reviewed in the QA environment: http://qa.ole.kuali.org/portal.do .
Some of the fixed bugs include:
-Select and Acquire
● Improvement of data ties between purchasing and cataloging through the E-Resource document.
● Ability to alter due date or renew item on Loan screen when borrower is the proxy.
Current release: 1.6.1 (June 2015)
● Documentation: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Published+Documentation
Next scheduled major release: 2.0 Public Release (Q3 2015)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/roadmap
● Technical details of 1.6 and 2.0 release to-date: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Current+Release+Status+Report
Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/media
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account