● Describe (Lead SME: Mechael Charbonneau)
○ Completed and submitted the following user requirement specifications for Release 3.0:
■ OLE5402: Copy/Clone Bibliographic Records
■ OLE7227: Improve Single Record Import Functionality
■ OLE6185: Analytics: Improve UI
■ OLECNTRB16: MARC Holdings Extension to the OLE Holdings Record [code to be contributed by Indiana University]
○ Kristin Wilson (Chicago) representing S&A and Adam Constabaris (NCSU), Technical Council Chair, joined Describe on June 18 th to discuss a new revised draft of OLE5378: Make Statistical Code Repeatable. Targeted for Release 3.0, Describe had submitted its finalized version in April. The new improved user specification allows for not only the ability to make the code repeatable but also to support different values to be selected from different pull-down menus.
○ Reviewed and commented on Penn’s “must haves” list of Describe functionality for their planned summer 2016 implementation of Release 3.0.
○ Dave Burke (Villanova), Doreen Herold (Lehigh), and Gary Charbonneau (Indiana) volunteered to serve on an ad hoc group charged with reviewing the various graphical command buttons for any inconsistencies within the Describe module.
○ Neil FrauCortes (Maryland) was appointed as Describe’s designated representative to the OLE Consortia Group.
○ Lisa McColl (Lehigh) will be assuming the role of Describe Testing Coordinator later this summer replacing Jackie Byrd (Indiana) who has served in this capacity since February 2013.
○ On June 22nd , SMEs viewed a demonstration of Chicago’s local user interface improvements. Members also completed an assignment from the OLE Cross Module group to review specific proposed Describe module UI changes and recommend which changes should be added to the 2.0 OLE base code.
○ Describe reviewed and commented on the draft consortial vision document prepared by the OLE Consortia Group.
○ During June, we also said farewell to two of our valued members thank you both for your numerous contributions to Describe and to the OLE Project!
■ Congratulations to long-time SME member, Janet Fox (Head of Data Management Services, University of Chicago), who retired on June 30th after 45 years of service to the UC Library.
■ Best wishes to Amy Weiss (Head of Description and Cataloging, Florida State University) who joined the Describe team in August 2014 representing the Florida Partners group.
● Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Sharon Wiles-Young)
○ University of Chicago had a successful roll over to the new fiscal year. Lehigh will be completing the rollover process on July 16th and SOAS will follow. Thank you to the roll over team for all the hard work and to Bob for organizing and troubleshooting the documentation for roll over.
○ As part of the roll over development, the PO bulk amendment functionality is now completed and was used by the University of Chicago to amend POs before the roll over.
○ The S&A team reviewed all the 3.0 specs and enhancement tickets for any outstanding issues.
○ The S&A team reviewed Jiras for relinking of PO’s to new bibliographic records to decide upon a more efficient workflow and provided feedback to the Describe Team on the single record input
○ The S&A team is reviewing all the enhancement tickets and providing input on what tickets should be considered for the 4.0 roadmap
○ The S&A team is reviewing the Chicago UI proposed enhancements and liked some of the improvements to the S&A screens and functionality
○ A huge Thank you to Bob for his dedication as the Business Analyst for the S&A team. Bob is leaving this role (NOT the S&A team) and the team is currently looking for another BA. Good luck to Penn and Bob as they start to work on their implementation planning.
○ Thank you to Kristin Martin for providing an e-acq update and overview of electronic acquisitions functionality in OLE to the Functional Council. She provided a good look at the status of e-acq and development in 2.0
● GOKb (Lead: Kristen Wilson)
○ Jennifer Solomon, the new GOKb editor, started work on June 15.
○ Steering committee and development team will have a face-to-face meeting in London in July.
○ Development work continues on release 5.0, now scheduled for July
● Implementation Team (Lead: Heather Beery)
○ Highlights: SOAS and Lehigh are live with 1.6.0; Chicago live with 1.6.1; IU running local install of 1.6.1; ,UMD,NCSU and Duke all running local installs of 1.6.0
○ Chicago completed their fiscal year rollover (FYRO); Lehigh/SOAS are testing FYRO
○ Peri Subrahmanya presented DROOLS (to replace KRMS for check out) and Reporting Framework.
○ Added out of the box jobs to the implementation guide as a step to be reviewed, the guide has been completely reviewed by functional subject matter experts, a technical review will begin next month.
● Consortia Team (Lead: Matt Sargent )
○ Consortia group continues to work on its “vision” document prior to the August OLE Face-to-Face. The document is linked here and all are welcome to comment or make suggestions, please do so!
○ Group has also expanded its strategy for operation and is now more of an advocacy of consortia across the SME groups. We will continue to review membership and ensure all SME groups have a consortia member that can make sure that specifications are written with consortia functionality in mind up front.
1.6.1 was finalized on June 22nd. This release allowed for partner schools to accomplish fiscal year rollover and included a new document: Purchase Order Bulk Amendment. Additionally several critical errors for the Deliver module were corrected. Go to the Test Drive now to try out the latest features. The final release notes for this release are available:
1.6.2 efforts began at the end of the month. This release focuses on critical and blocking bugs found by implementers. These changes can be reviewed in the TST environment: http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.do.
2.0 efforts continued. These changes can be reviewed in the QA environment: http://qa.ole.kuali.org/portal.do.
-Select and Acquire
● Work continues for E-Resources, corrected various bugs found during testing.
● Added clearer error messages on the Invoice document and the Receiving and Claiming Queue.
-Describe and Manage
● Corrected display errors for Search Workbench results.
● Diacritics were not being processed correctly for e-holdings and some e-holdings were being deleted/added incorrectly during batch processing. Both errors have been corrected.
● Added additional information about damaged items, missing items, and claims return flags to the Deliver Item Search.
● Loaned materials differentiate between the patron and the proxy account.
● Added a parameter to allow institutions to locally determine what statuses will allow users to update an item’s barcode.
Current release: 1.6.1 (June 2015)
● Documentation: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Published+Documentation
Next scheduled major release: 2.0 Public Release (Q3 2015)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/roadmap
● Technical details of 1.6 and 2.0 releases to-date: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Current+Release+Status+Report
Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/media
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account