● Deliver (Lead SME: Stuart Miller)
○ Specified changes for dealing with missing pieces, damaged items and “claims returned” in 1.5
○ Reviewed circulation calendar requirements with HTC
○ Identified other enhancements for 1.5
○ Continued testing fixes as requested
● Describe (Lead SME: Mechael Charbonneau)
○ Finalized 1.0 functional specifications for Describe roles/permissions.
○ Met with HTC to signoff on 1.0 bib editor enhancements needed for structured Leader and Control Fields and staff only (“hide from public view”) functionality.
○ Completed 1.0 acceptance criteria and testing assignments.
○ Worked on Describe 0.8 functions/bug fixes slated for version 1.0 (i.e., instance record (holdings/items) left pane navigation and call number display).
○ Began to review and work on completing specifications for 1.5 functionality.
○ Collected feedback from partner institutions regarding the OLE Authority Control White Paper.
● Select & Acquire (Lead SME: Carlen Ruschoff)
○ Reviewed all master 1.5 tickets to ensure each was assigned
○ Reviewed and approved most 1.5 specifications
○ Consulted with PM on specs for fiscal year roll over and agreed to move spec to 2.0
● Consortia Team (coLeads: Rachel Schipper/Chris Case/Carlen Rushoff)
○ Discussed scope and 2.0 timeline
○ Developed list of 12 consortia considerations
○ identified a need for consortia concept mapping
○ Reviewed current functionality for potential consortia use
(Changes can be reviewed in the Test Environment: http://tst.ole.kuali.org/portal.do )
✫One of the major tasks for 1.0 and a prominent change of OLE is the unification of our user interface. While even clearer tabs and cleaner menus are in the works, we cheer at the progress made.
Additional highlights of July coding effort are mentioned below. More detailed information of completed tasks can be reviewed on the OLE wiki pages:
Select and Acquire:
● The addition of the EResource Record and its maintenance documents is in the works. This is a document that provides a centralized location to store information about eresource acquisitions.
● New Invoice document (multiple orders: one invoice) and Serials Receiving interface are also in production.
● Bugs have been fixed, and enhancements have been recognized and implemented to improve circulation and patron maintenance.
● Call numbers are displayed for OLE Instances (holding and item records) in the DocStore.
● Bib editor enhancements include structured Leader and Control Fields and the incorporation of electronic Instance records.
● Testing and modifying Meta Proxy Server and Z39.50 searching/retrieving.
Current release: 0.8 (June 2013)
● Drivers Manual: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+0.8+Milestone+User+Documentation
Next scheduled release: 1.0 (Q4 2013)
● Road map: http://www.kuali.org/ole/Timeline
● Technical details of 1.0 release to date [requires a KIS account]: https://wiki.kuali.org/display/OLE/OLE+Project+Manager+Page
Recent presentations: http://www.kuali.org/ole/presentations
● Note: some sections will require a KIS account