Starting October 2021, CADRE is launching two working groups to ensure our future technical development and outreach is collaborative and community-oriented. Are you a:
- Current CADRE researcher,
- Researcher interested in using CADRE but haven’t started yet,
- Data librarian, or
- Other active CADRE stakeholder?
Then one of these working groups would be an excellent way to have your voice heard so you and your institution’s needs can actively shape the future of CADRE. The time commitment for each group is 2-3 hours per month with required every-other-month meetings. This would be a yearlong commitment. Both groups will be led by CADRE staff. Volunteer now by emailing email@example.com or read on to learn more about each working group’s scope and potential projects.
Outreach Working Group
The CADRE Outreach Working Group will oversee the development of CADRE outreach materials, as well as the promotion of awareness, understanding, and adoption of CADRE at current member institutions as well as non-member institutions. Examples of projects this group might undertake include:
- Running surveys on the current CADRE user community to determine use patterns, pain points, and tool needs.
- Identifying and reaching out to targeted researcher communities of potential new CADRE users.
- Determining subject matter for an CADRE FAQ Video Series.
- Develop communications or toolkits in collaboration with the technical working group to help educate data librarians about how CADRE works and how librarians can conduct outreach in their own campus communities (“teach the teacher” model of outreach).
- Develop targeted promotional campaigns that learly articulate what CADRE is, how it can be used, and why it is essential (the “value proposition”).
- With the Technical Working Group, identify conferences that would be a good fit for researchers to present their CADRE-related work.
Volunteer for the Outreach Working Group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Technical Working Group
The CADRE Technical Working Group will contribute to or lead a number of projects. Some examples of projects this group might work on:
- Conducting interviews with fellow researchers to determine how this community currently does their research in CADRE and how it connects to the other platforms and data each researcher uses.
- Advise on the creation of future technical roadmaps and revision of the current technical roadmap.
- With the Outreach Working Group, identify conferences that would be a good fit for researchers to present their CADRE-related work.
- Build a CADRE user guide, geared towards researchers, with detailed technical specifications.
Members of the technical working group need to be active CADRE researchers and preferably have experience in database management, knowledge of programming languages such as Python or R, or similar technical expertise.
Volunteer for the Technical Working Group by emailing email@example.com
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or if you have any questions.