The IUScholarWorks journal service helps you, the prospective journal editor, publish your journal in open access. While IUScholarWorks does not identify as the publisher of any of the journals we support, we do so much more than simply host your content. Here are some of the services we provide:
- Indexing – We’ll make sure your journal articles show up in Google and Google Scholar.
- ISSN registration – We’ll apply for an International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) to uniquely identify your journal.
- DOI registration – As a member of the DOI registration agency, CrossRef, we will help you assign and register Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) to uniquely identify your articles.
- Editorial workflow management – We’ll train you how to use Open Journal Systems (OJS) software to effectively manage your editorial workflows.
- Cataloging – We’ll create a record for your journal in IUCAT and WorldCat.
- Content preservation – We are committed to maintaining the content of your journal in perpetuity, even if ownership of the journal moves outside of IU. All of our journals are archived with CLOCKSS.
- Copyright & Licensing – We will work with you to draft your journal’s copyright policy and can advise on how to license outside content for reuse in your journal.
- Multimedia content support – Want to include audio or video content alongside your journal articles? We’ll help you use the Avalon Media System to make this possible.
- Usage statistics –We’ll provide annual reports on article views for your journal.
As you can see, IUScholarWorks strives to go above and beyond simply providing a home for your journal on our server. If you are thinking about starting a new journal, or are interested in migrating your current journal to an open access publishing platform, please contact us at email@example.com.