Built in 1835, Wylie House was the home of Indiana University’s first president, Andrew Wylie, and his family. Today, Wylie House is owned and operated by Indiana University Libraries as an historic house museum recreating the Wylie home prior to 1860. The museum is open to the public for tours and supports the campus curriculum, providing students and faculty with access to the museum and its collections for course integration and research opportunities. The museum’s Morton C. Bradley, Jr. Education Center, situated next door to the museum, provides space for staff offices, exhibitions, and class meetings.
We are open for tours during the months of March-November between 10am-2pm.
*Group tours are welcome if scheduled in advance; a maximum number of 40 is suggested.
For more information on our archives, collections, exhibits or services, please visit our website.